Introducing Kedric Steven Lee
Born 2/22/2013
Here is the story:
I had a check up on Wednesday. Everything looked good. Later that day I noticed little gushes of water... emphasis on the little...I didn't think too much about it. They kept happening throughout the day Thursday. That night we headed to my brother's wedding dinner an hour+ away. It happened a few times while I was there. On Friday he was getting married and were going to be in SLC all day for the sealing and reception. So back to Thursday night. We got home and headed to bed. I mentioned it to Derek...he thought maybe I should call labor and delivery. I thought that maybe I should too but decided to try and sleep. I slept for about and hour in a half. When I stood up there it was again, a very small gush of water. So I sat there wondering for an hour in a half whether I should call or not. I finally decided around 3am that I should call and see what they say. I didn't want to be in SLC at the wedding all day wondering. I called they said I had better come in just to check. I honestly didn't really think I would stay so I told Derek to stay with the kids and if the test came back positive he could call his mom and come on down (we are only 3-4 min away from the hospital).
I get to the hospital around 3:30, fill out some paperwork, get changed into the lovely gowns, and lay down. They want me to lay down for a 15 minutes before they do the test. They come do the test and 10 min later--it's positive--we are having a baby!
I call Derek, tell him to grab the bag and misc. other stuff. Tell him to make sure he eats breakfast and come on down. They start the IV and take some blood to see if my white blood cell is high because my water had been broken for awhile. Derek gets there around 5 am.
They start the pitocin around 6ish. Turns out my white blood count is a barely over what it should be so to be cautious I get 59 bags of antibiotics (really it was like 5). I was dilating but it was slower then we expected. Around 11 or so I was at a 4 and completely effaced. The discovered I still had a bag of water which was preventing his head to come down. Turns out after I delivered him that I had double bagged him :) There was a bag of water surrounding the bag of water that he was in. The nurse who was in her 50's said she had never seen that before. This explains why there weren't huge gushes of water and why I wasn't having consistent contractions.
I got an epidural around 12 or so.
Once they break the other bag of water I dilate quickly to a 7...but get stuck there. My doctor discovers he is anterior that's why he is still high up, I flip on my side and no longer then 10 minutes I can tell he is ready to come into the world.
They get everything ready and 2-3 pushes later at 3:30pm Kedric Steven Lee is born!
They put him straight on my chest and I hold/nurse him for an hour in a half. Then I decided that Derek should have a turn, plus my food had come and I was starving!
They came a while later and cleaned him up. 7 lbs 4.6 oz. They round it up to 7 lbs 5 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. Ashlynn was 6 lbs 4 oz. Camden was 6 lbs 7 oz. Kedric was almost a pound bigger but still seems so tiny.
People ask how I feel and honestly I feel really good. A little tired but good. Especially compared to being huge and pregnant.
This is the one and only pregnancy photo I took this pregnancy. I decided I had better take one 2 days before I had him...in fact I bet my first bag of water was broken when I took this picture. I had him at 38 weeks 2 days.
Pretty tired at this point...been up since 1:30am. It's probably 11ish in this picture.
All new and gooey.
Love these smiley sleep pictures. Took them the night he was born.
His hair is dark but not as dark as my other kids.
Headed home
We are thrilled that he is here and healthy. We are all adjusting well. Next post will be about the kids meeting him. They weren't allowed at the hospital because of the flu season.











4 comments:
Congratulations Team Lee! What a sweetheart.
I have to admit, the last little while I've been thinking, "I don't ever, ever, ever want to give birth again." But after seeing those pictures you took of him in the hospital the night he was born, all the sweet memories of having a baby that's just a few hours old and having them all to yourself came rushing back.... Yeah, I think I can maybe do that again.
Thanks for sharing! And well done Mama!
Hooray!! You are a rockstar, he is adorable!
He is just perfect. Congrats to you guys!!
New babies are so perfect. Congrats.
Post a Comment